Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sidetracks, everybody, sidetracks.

So here's the lay of the land:

It's finals, I have my last actually classes in Chicago for this school year tomorrow, then its all finals from there on out, and packing, and getting everything in order to move out... wish me luck, I've never done this before... yeah.

So have I worked on the game?  Well, no the game hasn't moved anywhere for a few weeks now.  David has been out of town/sick and I've been writing papers and now I'm down to one shoulder so yeaaaah... the game hasn't gone anywhere.

However, I have been working a bit on another smaller game, which I plan to use as an application to a program I more than likely will not get into, but the game itself is actually getting places (I'm using the same system that I've built--and using some of David's code as well-- to craft this game, and refining some of it in the process)

Want to see progress?

Okay, fine, you win, here you go.
Click on the picture to see the whole thing!

Click to view larger image!

Okay, this one's pretty large already, but you can still clicky-clicky if you want too.
It will be a fairly simple game, enemies attack the planet, you as the little ship try to defend the planet, and as you destroy bad guys you can earn powerups like automatic fire, missiles, spread fire, etc.  I plan on having a feature were, gathering items picked up from dead enemies you can build allies like turrets and mines to help protect the planet.  I have until the 6th to finish this game (which includes working on all of my finals... yikes!

Speaking of yikes...
I don't think my collar bone is supposed to do that...

All the reactions I had to the xray
Luckily I'm no doctor so... maybe, hopefully, it-had-better-be just my imagination that it looks like bones that are supposed to be connected... well.... aren't.

I really think I am wrong because if I really broke something I would be in a LOT more pain.
Right?

Its a good thing I'm not in medical school.

-Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment