Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gravity Sucks

Which is why we should all have jetpacks.
As a forewarning, I'm running out of doodles from my notebooks, because, SURPRISE, I'm not in class!

Which means I don't always have paper sitting in front of me, and I'm not always doodling.  Funny that summer would stem my doodling behavior...

Rest assured I spent some time on the tablet this afternoon so your loyalty will be rewarded with some goodies!

What is this madness?
 The video is - basically - what I did today.  Played Sir-Issac-Newton and wrestled with gravitational equations.  Ended up being (again) a very simple solution that took me far to long to realize.  Now I know it currently looks pretty meh, but trust me, with a few more days of work that space scene is gonna look pretty hectic!

DISCLAIMER - It recorded the music I was listening too.  Oops, but too lazy to fix it!

I'll find my old game and put up a video of it to give you an idea of what I'm going for.

Anyway, in terms of the other game David is still trying to port the system to enable dual-platform development.  Not that we'd really develop on two platforms independently of each other or even simultaneously, but it's good to have the system ported so when we finish the game on one platform in one language it can be easily shifted over to another for more awesomeness.

Yeah, my vocabulary just kind of ran out on me there.  Don't hate.
Believe it or not, tickle fights can be powerful motivation for exercise.
That's... actually it for now.  It's 12:30 and I'm pretty tired, and I didn't even do much today.  Maybe part of my exhaustion is coming from eating that whole pizza.  Probably not one of the best of my ideas...
I was doing well eating healthily.  Oh well.

Will keep you all posted on further developments with my week-game and the original project.  Hope it goes well.  In the meantime, if you want to hear a Pro talk about some of the same things I am discussing, check this out, David showed it to me.

On the one hand, discouranging, on the other, fascinating and inspiring.  And don't tell me how it ends, I haven't finished it yet.
Another Dev Blog, but Better

Deuces,

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment