Sunday, June 5, 2011

So Dumb.

So I tried to finish my game today, spent all day working on it, tweaking it, rushing the process to get it finished and submitted.

Didn't even get to submit it, I was outdone by an online repository site, where team members are supposed to easily be able to upload and swap and merge their code while working on a project.  I couldn't figure it out.  All that work, for nothing.  I couldn't submit, I won't even get a shot now...
[Expletive]
So I basically wasted my weekend that I could have spent hanging out with my friends before we all head our separate ways this summer (or, you know, studying for my final at 8:45 tomorrow...) on working on a game that never stood even a chance of getting me into this program because I was so sure I could just set up the repository in a matter of minutes...
I was so dumb that not even a whole lot' o prayer would have helped me then.  It would take a genuine miracle at this point...
I made it so far on the game, so close to having a short playable game up, and now it's going to sit staring at me, burning a hole in my conscience while the next few days I scramble to not fail all of my finals and the game won't even see the light of day, or at least not from it's intended audience.  Fantastic.  Wunderbar.

I'm going to sleep in dispair now.  The only good news I salvage from this is that I wanted to make a game similar to this, and now I've got a half-way decent start to a game I can follow up on later.

Still rather be in the program, but beggars can't be choosers.


Freaking nuts.


I'm... not... real?
 Learnin' life lessons everyday, man.

 Like "Never think you can set something up on the internet easily and in a minimum amount of time"

 And more importantly, "Live a little"

 Finals week and life bites hard about now.  Maybe sleep will help me forget how dumb I am.  And hopefully finals won't reflect that.

Future of Ronald McDonald
- Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment