Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Too much school

Which means no time for "frivolous game-making"

Which makes me sad
That, on top of the fact that I went home last weekend is the reason for the significant lack of updates to the blog.  I've just been hit with a butt-load of reading and another paper due in less than a week.  Doesn't leave a lot of room to do anything fun.  I tried this afternoon to re-integrate updates to my SpriteObject class (which manages all my images) to the game (I was working on an outside "side project" to fiddle with the images without hurting what I already had in place) but I forgot a key piece of code, so basically I just spent the afternoon searching for that one key piece.  It was a really simple fix, but it took me at least an hour to sift through the code I've already gotten.

This is how dumb I feel right now
So my day is shot and I didn't even do anything with it.  I finished up my second to last programming assignment and my math so my weekend should be free to just write the darn paper and read a lot for all of my classes... yeah.  I don't know how much time I'll have to work on the game, unfortunately.

Not to mention as soon as this paper is turned in I will most likely be assigned my final 8-10 page paper.
Tonight, aside from reading and reading and beginning note-taking for my paper, I hope to get a little bit farther on the game in terms of implementing levels and phases.  It should be pretty simple stuff, now that I've pretty much nailed down enemy movement like I wanted too (And even though it's how I want it, it will still need a healthy dose of much tweaking)

Hopefully that is productive, and I can still get to bed on time tonight.
Priorities, man.

Like using the restroom BEFORE putting on all that armor
- Kev

"Seymore was just not cut out foir Mad Scientist College"

No comments:

Post a Comment