Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Code Monkey

Yeah that about sums it up, haha.
Only I'm not too fond of fritos, mountain dew or... tab?  I have been eating a lot of whole almonds, lately, though.  They are good (and hopefully good for me, hey man I'm tryin' here) but they do tend to get stuck in my teeth frequently.  But other than all that, you get the gist.

So, today was not so great for coding.  I fiddled around with stuff, but it didn't go so well... I'll have to re-examine my approaches tomorrow.
And what I doodle.
Essentially I just want my guy and the "enemy" when they run into each other to become connected and move with one another.  It sounds pretty simple, but when you have multiple influences on the velocities of both the enemy, and the player... well then you have yourself in one fine-and-dandy situation.

It really SHOULD BE simple, and I miiiight have just come up with a solution, but I don't know.  Basically I need to be able to essentially combine two images and make them behave as one big image, which I set my program up to do... just not two completely different objects.  I could fiddle around in my base SpriteObject class to see if I can essentially try and marry the velocities/positions of the sprites together, that might (*MIGHT*) solve my problem, but again, that still quite the doozy to program.  And all I want is for the enemies to be able to "latch on" to the player...

Ugh.
Welcome to the wonderful conundrums of Gameplay programming!  Well I'm really frustrated at this point, I FINALLY decided to tackle something that should have been insignificant and easy and I tried to just muddle my way through it.

Children, always, always, always...
I SAID ALWAYS
...think through what you have do code, BEFORE YOU START.  I've just gone and made a colossal mess of my code yet again that I'll have to wade through tomorrow... if I have any time tomorrow.  And Friday is practically booked... man.

This sucks.


It's too late and I'm too frustrated for anything really witty, so here are some more doodles and I'm signing off.

- Kev

#1 Dad
Batarang Prototype #1: "Too Sharp"


No comments:

Post a Comment