Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Of mice and midterms

ACTIVATE FLAMETHROWERS?
Minus the mice.  Today has been  a slow day for any sort of game development, unfortunately, and instead has been spent on homework (programming, math, and some reading) and even this weekend is shaping up to be quite the insane workload.  I have three out of four midterms next week on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Not even nice enough for a smooth spread in the week!  At least math isn't until the third of next month, that's a relief.

So since I haven't done much in the way of development, besides make some adjustments to the enemy class in terms of movement and creation, this blog may be rather short, and/or rambling in nature.  Then again if you know me I'm quite prone to rambling on about a tangent subject and never finding my way back to the point.

I've done so much math that talking about tangents and points is making me picture lines and graphs.  This can't be good.

Regardless of my temporary foray into insanity right there, this week hasn't been too bad, but next week will be nuckin' futs (keepin' this blog child-friendly)
Or not.

But I make this as a promise to myself as well as anyone interested that I will keep working on the game!  I'll probably work on it tonight instead of studying the reading for tomorrow.

Don't give me that look, I already read all the required material, but our teacher gives us pop quizzes at the most random times... and despite having done the reading the quizzes are worded somewhat ambiguously.  I'll study them again, but not tonight, once I'm done writing this I will most likely go back to the game and try and get more functionality imparted onto my enemies.

Now what to write about?  Well lets see... aside from midterms I've managed to land myself a job as a Lab Moderator at the DePaul gaming labs!  Not a dream job by any stretch of the imagination but extra money is greatly appreciated where it can be found for me or any other college student whose parent's are ludicrously rich (or Ludacris aka. Christopher Brian Bridges, no wonder the guy took a stage name!) and it also fulfills a DePaul-specific requirement known as the Junior Year Experiential Learning Experience which is supposed to be reserved for an internship.  I still plan on pursuing an internship somewhere either this summer or the next, but I'm not taking any chances on not having such a requirement of my graduation lacking, especially considering I want to be out of here in a year and a quarter!

Hm, what else?  Well Sensei has let me know that he might try and have me entered in the Tohkon tournament coming up in June.  I'll have to get my behind ready if I want to go, and I do!  So stay posted on that, I guess?

Until next time, interwebz.

Oh, and Joan, this is your shoutout! At least, that's what I think you were talking about.  My Spanish is awful.  I can count to 10, say please and thank you, and ask where the bathroom is.  Actually, I'm not sure I know "where" I can just say "bathroom" with a very confused/urgent look on my face.

-Kev
I'm not one for fast food usually but... I really miss In-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment