Monday, January 4, 2016

#RealWinners

So I know barely anyone still reads this, which probably makes it perfect for the experiment I want to try. I don't think it's any secret that I'm not exactly great at finishing what I've started, but I've put money down on this next thing I'm working on so I need anything I can get my hands on to keep myself accountable. I think having a journal of my work will possibly help motivate me, or at least can be a source of seeing how far I've come when I'm feeling down.

So this is the journal of my work going forward. At least for this one project, code named #RealWinners.

A base description of the project is "Calvin Ball as a Videogame"

I'm pretty excited about it's possibilities, and the system I have in place should be flexible enough to allow me to do this.  I need a playable demo ASAP, and that's my short term goal. The code can be complete shit as long as I get it playable and hopefully fun.


Not many details now, the last part I was working on was the Slap Card system. I need it to load cards, images and descriptions from JSON so I can get a basic deck set up, then I just need to add cards to players hands after they score. That should be about the last thing I need to do before playable. That and re-spawn players at their starting points when the ball drops, but that's not 100% nessecary.

I also need to set up a perforce for my collaborators. Last time I tried to do this it ended badly because there's already a perforce server in our subnet. I should talk to ricky about what he had to do to set this up.

No shame on this project, Gibbs rule #28: if you need help, ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment