Friday, May 25, 2012

Running Scared

For the first time in my academic career I'm genuinely frightened of the upcoming weeks.

That's heard a lot, I understand, and my friends and family are quick to point out that I have spoken such "nonsense" before.  I stipulate, however, that this time is genuinely different at set apart from the previous set of experiences.  I have only one final to study for.  On the flip side, I have three monumental projects to complete... In a little under two weeks.  Less, actually.

Capstone needs menus. Badly.  I hate UI programming, but essentially that's one of the only things left on the list.  It's time consuming and arduous, but absolutely, positively, painfully necessary

In multiplayer I still have zero idea if my theoretical networked code will run.  I haven't been able to  test it, I don't have access to another computer that can run the friggin' windows live that the project requires.  The school computers are all out of date and I can't install or update them with Windows Live because I don't have administrative access, of course.

And I just barely got started with Graphics, which involves building an entire particle system utilizing the graphics card.  This assignment is what has me sweating bullets, I got such a late start because of other factors in school and I have no idea what I'm doing and despite the academic papers I've read there is no authority on the subject that I can find with any sort of examples or "baby steps" to follow.

Ordinarily, I would relish the opportunity to learn something from complete scratch, however, given my time constraints and the fact that these final projects are huge portions of my grade I really can't afford to get stuck on ANY of my projects.

And I'm stuck on ALL of them.  Capstone is bogged in UI, I have no clue what's happening in RenderGL, the "lovely" open-GL framework DePaul has (with shoddy documentation) and I can't even see where I stand in Multiplayer until I somehow get access to another computer.

And that doesn't even factor in my Calculus work, of which I have 5 outstanding assignments all given within the past week and a take-home quiz to complete.

...Check, please.

-Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment